Joyfully Seeking & Sharing God’s Light
What We Believe
- We enjoy God and the wonderful light/blessings received through the Spirit. We are here for each other’s sorrows, illnesses, and celebrations.
- We worship in a sanctuary which is a holy place where God meets us.
- We sing traditional hymns because they contain words that inspire us, and we sing new songs that draw us closer to God.
- Children are an important part of our congregation. We hold that they belong to God as witnessed in their baptism and are fully loved as part of the Christian community.
- We recognize our diversity in issues and value the freedom to ask questions and explore life and issues without judgment.
- We try to keep in mind that we aren’t the center of things -- that center belongs to Jesus Christ.
- We are more about grace, community, freedom in Christ and loving relationships than doctrine and hard rules.
- We are here as seekers, uniquely on a spiritual journey of formation and transformation based on our understanding of the Bible.
We invite you to come and be our guests. Be a part of our efforts to reclaim the good news of Jesus and pour out the graciousness, compassion, and joy of God.
- Westview is a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us so that we might have eternal and abundant life in him. As Christ’s disciples, called to ministry in his name, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ’s faithful disciples in the world.
- Westview is a member of the Presbytery of Plains & Peaks.